The Insurance Surgery is pleased to have teamed up with Age Partnership to provide you with an independent and whole-of-market equity release advice service, specialising in standard and enhanced equity release plans.
What is Equity Release?
Equity release is the process of unlocking some of the value of your home and turning it into a tax-free lump sum of cash or a regular additional income. With nearly all equity release plans there are no monthly repayments to make and with the most popular form of equity release, a lifetime mortgage, you continue to own 100% of your home. All Age Partnership's equity release plans come with a 'no negative equity' guarantee which means that you can never owe more than your home is worth, and some plans even allow you to protect an inheritance for your beneficiaries.
Some of the most popular reasons for releasing equity include:
- Paying off any outstanding mortgage
- Making home improvements or adaptions
- One-off purchases such as a car, caravan or holiday
- Paying off credit card cards or loans
- Enjoying a more comfortable retirement
- Helping out friends or family members
Enhanced Equity Release plans
Enhanced Equity Release Plans are for those in poor health or with certain lifestyle choices, and can help you release even more from the value of your property than a standard equity release plan. Factors that qualify include smoking, height/weight ratio (BMI), and diagnosed conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer and history of heart problems.
Things to consider
It is important to get specialist equity release advice. Age Partnership's advisers will be able to discuss with you:
- How equity release will affect the value of your estate and the amount you will be able to pass on to beneficiaries
- How the funds released could affect your entitlement to any means-tested benefits you may receive either now or in the future
- Alternatives to equity release such as downsizing or taking in a lodger
- Any charges that you may incur if you wish to pay off an equity release plan early
Find out more
To find out whether equity release is right for you, you can speak to Age Partnership to receive a recommendation based on your individual needs and circumstances. You can choose to receive advice either over the telephone or face-to-face, and Age Partnership can give you access to preferential and exclusive rates that are not available elsewhere.
Their service is multi-award winning, and they have been awarded the highest possible Investor in Customers (IIC) rating which classes their customer service as 'Exceptional'.
Age Partnership offer an initial recommendation with no obligation to proceed and nothing to pay upfront - only if you choose to proceed and your case completes would a typical fee of 1.6% of the amount released be payable.
Get in touch now to speak to one of Age Partnership's experienced advisers, and receive your free guide to equity release.
Equity release may involve a lifetime mortgage or home reversion plan. To understand the features and risks ask for a personalised illustration.