The list of reasons to get life insurance is almost infinite, but the main 3 reasons are:
- To protect your family – to ensure they have suitable funds and can continue to live their life as normal
- To protect your house/mortgage – to help your family pay off your mortgage when you pass away
- To leave an inheritance – to leave something for your family so they can have a comfortable life
- Peace of mind – knowing your family is safe
- Financial security – knowing you are covered should the worst happen
- Protection – knowing that you have back up in case something and happens
Christmas isn’t just about the material presents that you can give someone, putting thought into protecting people’s quality of life for years to come can be one of the most considerate presents you can give.If you, or someone you know, has any people depending on them i.e. a spouse or children or a financial responsibility such as a mortgage, then it is important for them to have life cover to protect their family and finances. If you have a mortgage and pass away before paying it off, your family will not be able to keep up your payments and will instead have to pay it off in full. Furthering this, if you have a joint mortgage and one of you passes away it can be difficult for you to keep paying the mortgage payments individually; and may have to sell the property to pay off the mortgage in full as a result. This can be a difficult situation for people as they more than likely will not be able to pay the mortgage and will therefore have to sell the property to pay off the debt. If you have life insurance, this means that you will be able to pay off the mortgage with no issues, protecting your family. Even if you don’t have a mortgage, or other financial responsibility, life insurance is still a worthwhile gift for someone. Leaving an inheritance for your children or spouse can be a great way too ensure that they are protected after you are gone. This gives you and them peace of mind and ensures you are prepared for the worst. Currently, due to the pandemic things are a little different than they used to be. This means that we cannot see our families and friends like we would like to. Giving the gift of life insurance at Christmas, gives them protection and peace of mind and really helps to show how you are thinking of them.