If you have been diagnosed with a long term (chronic) medical condition such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (or ME) and you need life cover to protect your family if you pass away, then you need to consider some factors. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome life cover terms will vary from one insurance provider to another which is why it is so important to speak to an expert who understands how Chronic Fatigue Syndrome life insurance underwriting works for each insurer.
Some of the main factors that will be considered for your Chronic Fatigue Syndrome life insurance application will be things like:
- What age were you when you were diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME)
- Have you suffered any mental health issues due to your condition
- How often are your symptoms and how severe are they
- Does your condition affect your daily living
- Have you taken any time off work because of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
We speak to a lot of people with a wide variety of pre-existing medical conditions looking for cover, such as with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome life insurance and a considerable number of those clients have been refused cover by other companies. It is important to remember that just because you have been declined cover elsewhere because of your medical history, that does not mean that all insurance companies will not offer cover. The majority of applications that we submit for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome life cover and other conditions have been declined elsewhere yet we are still able to get cover because of our experience and knowledge.