Underwriting for Sickle Cell Anaemia life insurance will depend on several factors in relation to your condition and the impact it has on your health. Insurers may ask you the following questions:
- When were you first diagnosed with Sickle Cell Anaemia?
- What medications or actions do you take to manage your condition?
- Have you received any transplant treatment for Sickle Cell Anaemia?
- How does the condition affect your daily activities?
- Can you work?
- Can you tell us more about how Sickle Cell Anaemia runs in your family?
Some applicants trying to get life insurance for Sickle Cell Anaemia may find that they are accepted on standard terms with no premium loading if their condition is managed and controllable. However, it is very usual that an insurer will want more details about your condition and to see your medical records before offering cover. In particular, an insurer may request details of medications you are taking, the date of your initial diagnosis, and details of any other medical-related complications. At The Insurance Surgery, we have helped many people find the right Sickle Cell Anaemia life insurance cover for their needs.
Additional criteria that could affect your Sickle Cell Anaemia life insurance premiums include:
- If you are a smoker
- Your general health and lifestyle
Ratings for Sickle Cell Anaemia life insurance can vary depending on a person’s individual circumstances and the nature of their condition. At The Insurance Surgery, we can help you approach the right insurance provider that can meet your requirements.