Diabetes week 2013 & Diabetes Life Insurance
Diabetes week – 9th to 15th June 2013
Diabetes week runs from 9th to 15th June 2013 through the UK’s largest Diabetes charity, Diabetes UK. The aim of this years Diabetes week is to focus on Research and look at the breakthroughs which have been made over the past 75 years.
About Diabetes week 2013
The aim of Diabetes week is to raise general awareness for Diabetes and this year will be to look at and focus on research. There have been some major breakthroughs in Diabetes treatment, diagnosis and medication over the past 75 years.
This year Diabetes UK is urging everyone to get involved by taking part in a wide variety of sponsored events ranging from sponsored walks to daring skydives. Through your participation and involvement, Diabetes UK aims to raise money to help fund the next generation of research.
You can apply for your very own Diabetes week fundraising pack which includes:
– A guide to Diabetes week
– Posters (including your very own event poster)
– Coin box for fundraising
– Sponsorship form
Some links to various ways to play your very own part in helping Diabetes week 2013.
– Walk for Diabetes
– Dive for Diabetes
– Other activities
– Coin box appeal
– Leave a Legacy
Diabetes is the most common chronic (life-long) medical condition in the UK with around 3 million already diagnosed with the condition, and a further 850,000 people thought have the condition but do not know about it.
The cause of Diabetes is where the levels of glucose in your blood are too high and the body is unable to cope. The body’s natural way to manage the glucose levels in your blood is to produce insulin which comes from your pancreas. Diabetes means that your pancreas produces no or insufficient levels of insulin to control these glucose levels.
Insulin is the hormone that allows glucose to enter the body’s cells where it can be used as fuel for energy. Glucose is produced when the body digests carbohydrates and it is also produced by the liver. Carbohydrates commonly come from starchy foods such as Bread, Pasta, Potatoes, fruit and a number of other foods such as breakfast cereals.
There are 2 common forms of Diabetes known as Type 1 Diabetes (Insulin dependant) and Type 2 Diabetes (Tablet/Diet controlled). Other forms of Diabetes are Pregnancy related, Childhood and Diabetes Insipidus which are less common.
About Diabetes Life Insurance
Diabetes and other pre-existing medical conditions can cause difficulty when looking for Life Insurance, Critical Illness or Income Protection. The reason for these issues is that the risks for an insurance company are considered higher when taking on clients with Diabetes due to the complications that can be experienced.
The Insurance Surgery is a leading expert when it comes to Diabetes Life Insurance and we have many years experience in dealing with applications for Life Insurance for clients with Diabetes. Our team of experts are on hand to help you through the difficult application process and to direct you towards the insurance providers offering the best premiums for your circumstances.
What affects rates and ratings for Diabetes Life Insurance?
The following areas are the main factors that are considered by life insurance underwriters when assessing an application for Diabetes:
– BMI (Height and Weight): Most common with Type 2 Diabetes (Tablet/Diet controlled), there can be issues relating to being overweight or obesity
– Hba1c levels: Individuals with Diabetes will be familiar with the term Hba1c and this is an indication to the underwriter of how well the condition is controlled
– Retinopathy: Diabetes can cause problems with the eyes (usually in Type 1 Diabetes) which is called Retinopathy and this can sometimes be treated using laser surgery
– Neuropathy: Diabetes can cause nerve damage known as Neuropathy which can result in loss of feeling or tingling in areas of the body such as limbs, hands and feet.
– Nephropathy: This is where the kidney function has been affected and can cause problems such as kidney disease. Around 1 in 3 people with Diabetes will develop kidney disease.
Diabetes Life Insurance case studies: If you would like to see some examples of The Insurance Surgery’s previous cases where we have successfully obtained cover, visit our Diabetes Life Insurance case studies pages.
The Insurance Surgery is the UK’s leading Diabetes Life Insurance specialist. Established in 1999 as the first site dedicated to helping people with pre-existing medical conditions to find affordable insurance and financial products.
We have helped thousands of individuals to find cheaper and better insurance cover over the years. We use our extensive knowledge and experience to help guide people with pre-existing conditions such as Diabetes towards insurance providers offering the best premiums.
The Insurance Surgery is very proud of the extremely high standards that we offer our clients. If you would like to see what our clients think about our service then visit our Reviews pages on Review Centre.
Why choose The Insurance Surgery?
Here are a few simple reasons why you might want to speak to our expert consultants:
– Extensive medical knowledge
– Access to Senior underwriters to obtain best premiums
– Specialist providers if other providers decline cover
– Market leading premiums and cover
– Expert consultants to guide you through the application process
– Simply, easy and hassle free service
– 93% of our clients would recommend us to a friend or family member
– Free and no obligation quotation service
– Price Guarantee (See T&C’s)
Why not call our expert consultants today and see what we can do to help you to find affordable and effective cover.
How can I get a quote or apply?
Complete our online application form: Click here
Call our experts on 0800 083 2829 (option 2)
Diabetes Travel Insurance
The Insurance Surgery also offers some of the most competitive Diabetes travel insurance premiums available through our travel insurance partners.